Hello Latin Dancers,
Monday night dancing returns to the Port Credit Legion. Miss Bachata is back in the Main Ballroom and Miss Salsa is in the Round Room. Miss Bachata and Miss Salsa are the largest weekly dancing event in West GTA; attracting between 150-200 guests each Monday night. For only $15, you are entitled to 2 hours of lessons and an evening of social dancing on both dance floors. See flyer for details.
If you have already attended one of my events, you know what makes them so special.
• People dance for fun, not show.
• The crowd is relaxed, respectful, non-salacious, and intelligent.
• The classes give you an opportunity to meet new people and dance
• The instructors are experienced, friendly, passionate about dance, and effective in teaching you to quickly improve your moves.
• The more experienced dancers take the time to help the beginners
• We will be offering water, pop, and other drinks
• We are consistently told that we have the best music and a spacious hardwood floor.
My objective is to create a different kind of social gathering, to make it open and non-judgmental, a safe place to meet people just like us. Socializing and dancing seem the perfect way to help build community and tear down the walls that separate us. We make new friends, feel a sense of belonging, and enjoy learning and experiencing the calmness that comes from being in a safe place while doing so. I want the world to know that despite culture, language, age and orientation, the things that connect us are so much more profound than the things that keep us apart.
Many times, I have been asked, “why host an event on Monday night?” Many people escape on the weekend and dread Mondays when they return to work. I believe if you dance on Monday, you put joy and positive energy into your week’s busy schedule, giving your life balance and helping you face your challenges with enthusiasm and confidence. Please join us at Legion were the “best people” congregate to experience a new type of social gathering… one motivated by compassion, tolerance, and kindness. Come, and bring your good and open heart and a ready smile.
If it’s your first time, come find me, and I will introduce you around. I look forward to meeting you and seeing you enjoy expressing yourself on the dance floor!
Event found via web search, treat this information with caution.