Join us for an exciting night of bachata every Monday at the Oakland Veteran’s Memorial Hall, at 200 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA
Social dancing specialist and lifelong teacher, Rudy Namikis of Red Bear Dance is coming to Oakland every Monday, so take advantage of this opportunity to learn bachata social dancing from an expert!
Whether you’re a beginner or have some experience, these classes are perfect for you. We’ll offer beginner friendly ideas as well as much more advanced concepts to refine your dancing. Our talented instructor will guide you through the steps and techniques to help you become a confident dancer. So, put on your dancing shoes and come join us for a fun-filled evening of Bachata!
We’re located at the Oakland Veteran’s Hall, Hall 1. The building has its own parking lot.
No experience necessary, no partner necessary.
We’ll also have social dancing at 10pm to practice everything you’ve learned! Social included with the lesson. This will be a mini social, ending at 11pm until we regularly have enough attendees to justify keeping the building open until 1am (requires a security guard)
– What is bachata?
– Bachata basic body movement and how to have a killer basic
– Simple turns, and how to master them
– Fundamentals of partnering and connection
– Musicality, and how to listen to music as a dancer
– Isolation exercises and ways to practice at home
– Applying everything learned in the beginner classes to more advanced partnering techniques
– Body isolations and common sensual moves
– Footwork and shines
– Patterns with interesting and fun moves
– Additional topics by student request
– DM @RedBearDance to request a topic
⌚️⌚️⌚️ Schedule ⌚️⌚️⌚️
8pm = Beginner lesson
9pm = Intermediate lesson
10pm = Social
– One class + social = $20
– Both classes + social= $30
– Social only = $5
Venmo: @Rudy-Namikis (if paying in advance, ‼️include the event date in the note‼️)
Cash/Venmo accepted at door
Can also get your tickets on Eventbrite:
Event found via web search, treat this information with caution.